O’Betty’s opened and was enthusiastically received with rave reviews in June 2003.
From the beginning O’Betty’s has always been about great food, a great experience, a great fun environment in a great community. Our plan is to keep you comin’ back for more and it’s working. Here’s why. We do it right.
We use only premium ingredients in preparation of our menu items. Our hotdogs are grilled 100% all beef dogs in natural casings from Ohio. No fillers, never frozen, robustly seasoned, they “snap” when you bite into them, and are served in toasted and steamed honey buns. Our many varied toppings and sauces are all homemade using fresh and local ingredients whenever possible.
Our French Fries are done Old World Style. They are worth the labor. HAND-CUT DAILY using fresh russets, the fries are then soaked in water to remove the starches - THEN fried twice to order, insuring a crisp fresh, golden tasty Fry. This is not fast food.
Our commitment to quality extends to our other premium sandwiches, sides, and community as well. We always have on hand and use local products which enhance our fare as well as highlight Athens producers. (See links).
Finally, your culinary experience will take place in our wonderfully enchanting dining rooms. While being amazed that a hot dog could taste so good, you’ll be captivated by our homage to the Great Burlesque Stars, past and present, and by our Wonderful Wacky Hot Dog Museum housing hundreds of wild hot dog items some never before seen!!!
So, what are you waiting for? Come on in!
Athens News - Best of Athens Readers' Choice Awards
* Best Uniquely Athens Restaurant (Second Place, 2008)
* Best Hot Dog category was dropped from 2008 awards!
* Best Server - Kory Fuller (Runner up, 2007)
* Best Hot Dog (First Place, 2007)
* Best Hot Dog (First Place, 2006)
* Best Hot Dog (First Place, 2005)
* Best Hot Dog (First Place, 2004)
* Best New Restaurant (First Place, 2004)
* Best New Business (First Place, 2004)
* Best Late-Night Eats (Second Place, 2004)
* Best Local Business Name (Third Place, 2004)
* Most Unique Athens Restaurant (Third Place, 2004)